Monday, June 27, 2005

Poem of the Day

Mythologies

Abigail the Able Minded

drove a cart into the fields west
of town. The villagers saw her
as she found the lost calf
fed it, returned it to the flock.

Olbie the Obese


hungered for fame while still
in the womb. Inhaling whole realms
he paused to sketch a fork.
It was really nice
the remaining said.

Terrence the Terse


jerk.

Cerious the Furrow-browed poor speller

scrawled a note demanding
one denizen of eggs
and when the puzzled farmer
was brought before him
he again began to cry.
He insisted on writing his own
history which began:
"I fell god." This ensured
a handsome advance.

Hilarious the Glinting

made his enemies laugh
until their insides boiled.
He is necessarily storied.

Tacitus the Quick

"I" was all he ever said.

7 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me smile. I really like how it's done.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though mine is an older model, Nolen made sure I got Tiger on it. I really like it, too. Especially the dashboard stickies.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Hawaiian Radiation said...

More of this. Nice. Especially Cerious.

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, 3 messages in one post is gross. Sorry about that.

I was curious...I was thinking about how Harrison isn't going to be at ASMSA next year. So what's going to happen to FMA? Do you know? I think Monson has the ability to do it by himself, though I think it'd be better for the students to have someone with a lighter sense of humor. You, maybe? I don't know. But get back to me on that. I've been very curious to know.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been over a week since a post.
C'mon, I gotta have something to read!

Just kidding. But it be nice to read some more of the genius that is Sean Chapman, so when you have time, please post something.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Sean said...

I'll be back! I'm still fighting, still thinking of stuff. Just this morning I thought of a metaphor! YES! It felt like I had just found a key to a secret house. THERE, I DID IT AGAIN! It's just so exciting.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, sean. you're amazing. if i could marry you (or maybe just cook something with you), i would be happy for the rest of my life.

love you so much,
guess who.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home