Thursday, June 23, 2005

Low Rent Poem of the Day

The Best Beer

Hitching across Oklahoma in July heat
I scuffed my shoes beside the highway.
In the woods on 62 a rusting truck
pulled off the road and the driver handed me
a Sunday beer. He didn't call me "Bub"
and didn't offer me a ride, but we talked
as the sun began to fade, about wanting
and not getting, about people helping
each other out. A bird called in the distance
he tipped his hat, got into the truck
and I headed home to Fayetteville.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sean said...

This poem sucks. You have to fix it. You can rewrite the whole poem, just change one line, or write a new poem as a comment. No judgement will be made about your poem. I also want to add that "holy hell, blogger is now allowing you to upload your own pix for free. Amazing." Also, you all might be interested in a band called the Weakerthans. I'm liking them. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home